U300 (AKA "4G+"): WiMAX & EVDO Rev A on One USB Device!
Franklin's U300 (CMU-300) USB modem, made by C-motech, is not only one of the first WiMAX-capable devices - it is the first device that provides access the EVDO and WiMAX networks!
The U300 is sold as the "4G+" modem from CLEAR and can connect to both the CLEAR WiMAX network and Sprint's 3G network.
Technical Specifications for U300
- IEEE 802.16e Cor2 D3(Wave II) +
- EVDO or HSDPA
- WiMAX 2.5 - 2.7GHz (2.3/3/5GHz, TBD)
- EVDO Rev A 850/1900MHz
- HSDPA 2.1GHz
- Windows 7/XP/Vista
- No Mac support (Mac users can use a Cradlepoint 4G router)
- WiMAX - DL: 28Mbps, UL: 5Mbps
- EVDO Rev-A - DL: 3.1Mbps, UL: 1.8Mbps
- HSDPA - DL: 7.Mbps, UL: 384Kbps
Max Output Power:
- 23 dBm
Max Power Consumption:
- USB 2.0
- 92.5mm x 33.5mm x 12mm
- USB Dongle (DBDM)
- 5V DC